Get Started with Selling Point
- Download the sample Gift Card CSV here.
- There are only 4 required columns in the Selling Point CSV making it extremely user friendly!
- Code (required): (Gift Card code, must be made up of alphanumeric characters (numbers and letters without special characters). The code has to be a minimum of 8 characters, up to a maximum of 20 characters. *This is a Shopify restriction not an app restriction. If you fall into this category our team can assist with solutions.
- Initial Value (required): This is the initial value that was on the Gift Card when it was first created. e.g. if a customer bought a $25.00 dollar gift card a year ago and used $20 dollars worth, the initial value would be $25.00. When formatting in your CSV, Please do not add the currency and please add the cents. In the above example $25 would be written as 25.00 *Please do not add any currency symbols to your values it will error out.
- Balance (required): This is the remaining value that's left on the gift card. So if we use the same example as above, if a customer bought a gift card with an Initial Value of $25.00 a year ago and used $20.00 dollars worth, the remaining balance would be $5.00. When formatting in your CSV, please do not add the currency and please add the cents. $5.00 would be written as 5.00 *Please do not add any currency symbols to your values it will error out.
- Currency (required): This is the currency that your online store store utilizes. For the USA it's USD. You can find a list of popular currencies here.
- Despite the presence of additional headers (for very specific use cases--see below), a 4-column CSV will be perfectly acceptable to ensure proper import. The large majority of merchants will only utilize these 4 main columns! Here's an example of a perfectly acceptable Gift Card CSV with only 4 columns
**Please double check your CSV before importing as you won't be able to delete Gift Cards once they are imported. You'll only be able to disable them.**
There you have it now you're ready to import and let that app get to work. Happy Selling!